01 July, 2012

A Star in the East?


A woman took her 16-year-old daughter to the doctor. The doctor said, "Okay, Mrs. Jones, what's the problem?"

The mother replied, "It's my daughter, Debbie. She keeps getting these cravings, and she's putting on weight. Plus, she is sick most mornings."

The doctor gave Debbie a good examination, then turned to the mother and said, "Well, I don't know how to tell you this, but your Debbie is pregnant - about 4 months, would be my guess."

The mother said, "Pregnant?! She can't be. She has never ever been left alone with a man! Have you, Debbie?"

Debbie said, "No mother! I've never even kissed a man!"

The doctor walked over to the window and just stared out. About five minutes passed, and finally the mother said, "Is there something wrong out there doctor?"

The doctor replied, "No, not really. It's just that the last time anything like this happened, a star appeared in the east and three wise men came over the hill. And I'll be darned if I'm going to miss it this time!"
Author Unknown