28 August, 2011

Can You Hear Me Now?

After seeing the big tent outside of town, Leroy decided go to the revival and see what the excitement was all about. He found a chair and listened to that preacher for nigh on to three hours.

It was just about then that the preacher asked anyone with needs to be prayed over to come forward to the front at the altar. Dozens walked or rolled forward. When Leroy finally got to the front of the line, the preacher asked, "Leroy, what do you want me to pray about for you?"

Leroy said, "Preacher, I need you to pray for my hearing."

The preacher put one finger in Leroy's ear as he placed his other hand on top of Leroy's head and prayed and prayed and prayed. After a few minutes, the preacher removed his hands, stood back, and asked, "Leroy, how is your hearing now?"

Leroy said, "I don't know, Reverend, my hearing's not until next Wednesday."
Author Unknown   

No comments:

Post a Comment